Macquarie Intern for 2023 - Welcome Jayden Tse!
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce to you one of our interns from Macquarie University in Sydney Australia, Jayden Tse! I hope you will all enjoy your conversations and interactions with him as he joins some of our classes and works to support your EFL writing.
Here's his self-introduction:
My name is Jayden Tse and I am currently twenty years old. I am a third-year student studying at Macquarie University. My course is a double degree in Bachelor of Arts and Commerce, with majors in Japanese studies and accounting respectively. I was born in Australia but grew up in Hong Kong, which was where I spent the majority of my high school life. Therefore, aside from English and Japanese, I know a fair bit of Chinese and Cantonese. In preparation for university, I moved back to Sydney for my final two years of high school.
Macquarie University
My first interaction with Japanese culture was through the multitude of anime I watched when I was still a child, especially Pokemon and Doraemon. They were most certainly a pertinent part of my childhood growing up and substituted for the absence of Western cartoons in Asia. By the way, my favourite Pokemon is Cinccino!
Furthermore, I was intrigued by the large variety of unique food options available in Japan, namely sushi and tataki, which led me to expand my interests in Japan as a whole. However, the reason why I started learning Japanese in high school was actually because of my interest in J-Pop songs. I loved listening to Japanese songs and thus wanted to understand what the lyrics meant. This, in addition to my existing curiosity and experiences with Japanese culture, made me want to learn Japanese!
Wagyu Tataki Sushi
In my free time, I enjoy going to karaoke, trying out delicious-looking food, and playing video games with my friends. I have been to Japan once before and visited Okinawa. It was a very beautiful beach island and I got to try out many scrumptious food choices such as soba noodles and sea salt ice cream. I would love to go to Japan again and visit some of the other places that look fun such as Asakusa or Shimokita.
Karaoke Rooms in Sydney
I am excited about this opportunity to meet new people and hopefully get to know more about authentic Japanese culture, whilst improving my Japanese on the way. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Comments
Post a Comment