My name is Evan Liang, and I am a final year Japanese language student at Macquarie University studying a Bachelor of Arts and Commerce, majoring in both Japanese and Marketing. Over the course of my degree, I have focused on aspects of the Japanese language and culture. Why Japanese?I chose Japanese as my major because I find the language and culture very unique. I felt that it would be a great choice for me to learn a second language. Primarily, my interest in Japanese began when I got into watching anime during high school. Since then, Japanese was a mandatory subject from year 7 and 8, but I chose to study Japanese in year 10. After high school, I decided to continue with my language studies, so I pursue my way to hopefully achieve my Japanese fluency skills. Welcome to Macquarie University! Macquarie Library |  Central Courtyard |  Macquarie Lake |
Right over here, I'll take you around some of the main places that I usually spend my time in uni, including the Library, Central Courtyard, and Macquarie Lake. The library is a great place to study, while the Central Courtyard is a popular spot to relax and catch up with friends. The lake is also a nice place to take a walk and enjoy the greenery around the campus. Six months at Rikkyo University Rikkyo University |  Kamakura with my dormmates |
 Chilling on top of Maruyama Mountain |  A beautiful scenery of Mt Fuji when I was in Hakone |
In my 3rd year of university I went on an exchange program in Japan for about 6 months at Rikkyo University. It was actually my first time living in another country than my own. While living my university life in Japan, I got the opportunity to immerse myself into the Japanese language and culture, as well as exploring many different cultural attractions. Although I mainly stayed at Tokyo, I was able to travel to other parts of Japan including Sendai and Hokkaido. On the other hand, I also love Japanese food as well, and some of my favourites are tsukemen, sukiyaki, and okonomiyaki. I also got the chance to make many Japanese friends during my university life and friends from all around the world, this was especially one of the best highlights for me. 私の猫ちゃん · Say hi to Mochi! | This is my cat named Mochi. My sister was the one who actually came up with the name, and the reason why is because she thought he really looks a 'black sesame mochi' based on his color and pattern. So then we just decided to name him Mochi, and we also thought it was a cute name too. |
How I get to Macquarie UniversityI live in one of Sydney's western suburbs and it takes me about a 40-minute train ride to Macquarie University. Since there isn't a direct line, my commute requires changing trains once and then I have to catch the metro along the way. |
Comments
Post a Comment